Author Topic: The I have seen Episode 7 Thread discussion  (Read 3021 times)

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The I have seen Episode 7 Thread discussion
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:12:29 pm »
Ok, if you haven't seen the movie, and don't want spoilers.  Leave now.  This thread is dedicated to discussion of possibly the best movie of 2015. 

My thoughts will be in the next reply.  Again, leave now if you don't want spoilers. 

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The I have seen Episode 7 Thread discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:19:40 pm »
Ok discussion time.  Stop reading if you are wreaking of stupid and can't handle spoilers.....

My initial thoughts are that this one is by far the best since the original trilogy.  The acting, the story, the backdrops, everything was perfect Star Wars material.  The use of the music, lighting, and the blend of the old with the new was just excellent.  I will have to go back and watch it again and may change some of my thoughts about what's next but here's where I think they are going

AGAIN THIS IS WHERE THE SPOILERS START, TURN THE FARGIN PAGE BACK IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW

Still here?  Ok here we go

1- Han's probably dead.  I'm struggling with this one and part of me says no he's been preserved somehow.  That part was one of those you could see it coming and even still it rocked me.  I think some fans will bitch about it, but Ford is 73 (a very well aged 73) and is bound to not have the time or energy for this any more.  If he was ok with the end of it all, then so am I begrudgingly. 

2- Kylo Ren's rage and instability says he's not a Sith nor a Jedi, but a lost soul.  His powers are strong, you see that, but when pressed to perform against his equal, his erratic behavior is just about his doom.  He's so raw that even his lightsaber is not clean and uniform like a sith or jedi saber.  If they follow protocol, E8 should have him looking stronger and more evil. 

3- Rey is Luke's daughter.  Separated and hidden on Jakku to protect her from Kylo Ren and Snoke, Rey is way too powerful to just be a nobody.  The other option is that she is Kylo/Ben's brother.  The books commissioned in the 90s, had Han and Leia giving birth to twins.  E7 gives a lot of nods to the books as well as E4-6.  Benicio Del Toro is also playing Thrawn who is the central villain in the books.  However, I think the "I am your father" moment is Luke's. 

4- Luke is probably a crazy old hermit now.  Ditching the glove, going into hiding, and removing himself from civilization, don't be shocked if Luke isn't more Yoda like this time. 

5- The odds of Luke making it alive through this are pretty low.  The gut feel on this is that he's gotta die to balance things, ie- push Rey to finish the job.  Luke's old too, 64 right now, so his abilities are waning.  Or are they......

6- Snoke is probably about the size of a Jawa.  The holograms and parlor tricks lead me to think he's Wizard of Ozing it. 

7- Leia is in tune with the force now so she will have to have a force moment eventually.  They tease it after Han dies, but there is more there.  Again the books go that direction, and JJ is showing his fanboy all over this one, so I won't be shocked there.

8- Poe is also a Jedi descendant.  His pilot skills screamed it. 

I plan on seeing it again after Christmas and may come back to this and change a few items, but on first impact, this is what I see ahead.  I know there will be some who bitch about "plot holes" but none of them are air tight.  The biggest one is that Rey "masters" the force in minutes, but I wouldn't say she mastered it but was able to tune into it just as Luke did in the Battle of Yavin.  Overall, it is the best since ROTJ and may be the 2nd best behind Empire.  Time will settle into that later though.....

djordjem87

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:57 am »
   I skipped this because I want to see it as well and today is probably the right time to go to cinema. Although some of my friends who are crazy fans of the series told me it was very bad. Now, this is not going to change my mind of seeing it and your post here is a refreshing thing after hearing some negative response. Usual stuff was about how they wanted Lucas back. Abrams is a good director and I believe he did good job with this, however, I have to admit more negative responses were around me recently then positive ones. I will get back here when I see the movie.

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:27:45 pm »
Anyone who hates this movie loves ISIS and long lines to the bathroom.

Seriously the haters are mostly millennials. And they hate everything and can tell you how great they could have done it.

Sarasmiles

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:57 pm »
Oh my gosh I'm so glad I read all these theories! I just saw the movie last week and I'm FULL of questions!!! I'm also full of wildly speculative theories about who's who and what's going on, so this helped solidify some of my thoughts. I totally agree! Han is unfortunately dead, maybe in real life Harrison Ford just felt like he wanted to do one more Star Wars and then take a break? Kylo Ren is not a Jedi and is a lost soul! I was feeling bad for him until he stabbed his Dad. Rey is most likely Luke's daughter! I don't know why Luke freaked out and he's a hermit now, but I feel like it had something to do with Rey. Maybe he's hidden himself for her safety, I'm not sure. Luke probably has the same chance as Han, he's making an appearance but he won't be a central focus character. Snoke has to be a small guy blown up to look large, like the Wizard of Oz! I'm glad you said it because I felt that way too. It also reminded me of the Star Trek episode with Ron Howard's little brother, I won't go into detail but if you've seen it you know what I mean (sorry, I'm nerding out here!). Leia probably will use a bit more of the force now, maybe it will come in handy as she's dealing with grief in life now that Han is dead. I didn't even think of Poe being a Jedi descendant, but I like that theory so I'm going with it! I really enjoyed his character and I'm looking forward to more of him and Finn (is that how to spell the name of the Stormtrooper who had a change of heart? He was cool, I liked him!). The whole thing about Rey and the force, I feel like she never realized or heard of the force until just now, she has a natural ability with it as any Jedi descendant would, and that's really cool, she's just now touched on it and maybe we'll see her harnessing it in the next one. I'm excited about the next one and I was so skeptical going in, but I really liked this movie! Thanks again and can't wait to hear more of what you think. :)

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »
Well Ford is in his mid 70s now, I can't imagine him wanting to be doing films in his 80s, and from what I gather they had to throw a Brinks truck at him to get that to happen.  I can respect that even if some of the fan base struggles with it. 

I keep kinda bouncing through Rey's story after seeing it a second time and really if they are doing the series over again, the options for E8 are to reveal that Luke is the father or that Kylo Ren is the brother.  Thus why she was able to tap into the force and save herself and Finn.  That or she was young and in Jedi training only to be saved and a jedi trick to wipe her memory to help prevent Ren from discovering her. 

Finn was the Jar Jar character done right.  He helps develop the story and gives you a glimpse into the other side that we never got during E4-6 with the stormtroopers.  Not sure where they take his character but he's definitely a part of the next movie. 

TheOx

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:43:18 am »
I liked E7 in general, but there were some problems.

Even Luke, son of the most powerful Jedi/Sith, had to whine, bitch, and moan under Yoda before he was even able to stand on his head and lift rocks. Rey just "inheriting" Jedi mind tricks, light saber proficiency, etc just doesn't work for me unless she was MiB mind wiped after training with Luke.

Kylo Ren should not have taken off the mask lol. He started out amazing then turned into emo teenager Anakin by the end.

I'm super looking forward to Rogue One, looks darker and explores more of the universe around the Rebellion.

PS: Read the Star Wars:Bloodlines book, it actually explains where the First Order/Resistance come from. Filled in a lot of gaps for me and made it plausible. Not the best SW book I've ever read (Thrawn trilogy FTW), but still decent.   

ThomasJibra

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • двигатели
двигатели
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 01:48:28 pm »
Сорри за оффтоп,кто подскажет надо мотор электричекий купить,где нормальные есть,не шарю

BeJimmieFes

• Recruit
    • View Profile
The I have seen Episode 7 Thread discussion
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »
Hi everyone.  Ok, there arent too many people on yet but I thought Id say hi anyway.  Its the first Vibe forum I have seen and hope it grows into a good oneI do not own a Vibe... not yet anyway... but have been looking at them.  So far the forum looks good

Attached files

checkvilbek

• Recruit
    • View Profile
hello guys i am checkvil
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 03:45:43 am »
i am Checkvil. This i my login on this forum. it is good ? :)

Cecilses

• Recruit
    • View Profile
New,s 2019 -2020
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 04:53:39 pm »
Your girlfriend is Russian or Ukrainian? Read how to build a happy family with her! http://www.datingsecrets.eu

Cecilses

• Recruit
    • View Profile
New,s 2019 -2020
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 04:54:12 pm »
Эффективная реклама в соцсетях. https://vk.com/seo1smm Продвижение SMM. Администрирование сообществ. Уникальный контент. +7 (908) 700-35-24 таргетированная реклама, реклама вконтакте, реклама вк, настройка таргетированной рекламы, таргетированная реклама вконтакте

Cecilses

• Recruit
    • View Profile
New,s 2019 -2020
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 04:54:48 pm »
Стильные Изделия из Натуральной Кожи. Производитель Италия https://avenu24.prom.ua/  Женские и  Мужские сумки, кошельки, клатчи, деловые портфели, мужские ремни. +380931200802 Ольга

Cecilses

• Recruit
    • View Profile
New,s 2019 -2020
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 04:55:16 pm »
Your girlfriend is Russian or Ukrainian? Read how to build a happy family with her! http://www.datingsecrets.eu

Cecilses

• Recruit
    • View Profile
New,s 2019 -2020
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:55:45 pm »
How to choose your sexy Russian wife?  http://www.datingsecrets.eu