Author Topic: Ducks vs Crimson Tide  (Read 2054 times)

rolltide

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Ducks vs Crimson Tide
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:55:35 pm »
I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't very sure on how well we were going to do this year basketball wise. However seem to be looking pretty good at the moment, and hopefully it will stay that way. But the Ducks are a formidable opponent, so do we when Monday, or fail to a good team?

rolltide

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Ducks vs Crimson Tide
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »
sorry a few typos in there: *however we, *we win

phlux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »
I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't very sure on how well we were going to do this year basketball wise. However seem to be looking pretty good at the moment, and hopefully it will stay that way. But the Ducks are a formidable opponent, so do we when Monday, or fail to a good team?

I think we probably lose, but then again, I have thought that every week, so what do I know?
Roll Tide!

Tidings

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:51:41 am »
I'm hoping the Ducks come out a little slow with that long travel.  Meanwhile we come out fresh.  If we had Hale and Ingram, I'd say we win by 5.  Without them, I think we can win at the buzzer.

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:41:12 pm »
This will be the first chance to actually see them for me, but from what I see and read, I can tell Avery has the excitement level up finally.  Grant never would work the students or the fans to get them to buy in.  This season, if they can get close to 20 wins and a solid NIT run or NCAA birth, that's a huge step. 

Tidings

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 01:44:47 pm »
NCAA or bust this year.  We have some good wins.  I think we'll do solid in the SEC and make it to the field of 32 in the Big Dance.

Assuming we keep the 2016 recruits, we should do a Sweet 16 next year.

Guardian

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Revenue Herald
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 08:36:59 pm »
Bama went on a nice run, and the Tide is playing fierce! Watching live as we speak.

Bama up 22-14. I'm hoping they can keep it up. Justin Coleman has been killing it!

rlb002

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 10:53:01 am »
I see the system he's wanting to use, but he will need another year to get the players to run it.  The talent gap between Oregon and Bama really was the difference in Bama being up 10 in the 2nd half and losing.  Oregon's players knew how to win and executed.  Bama's couldn't.  It isn't a knock on them or Johnson, but it is what it is for now.  They do play better team ball this year though.  Last year, I couldn't figure out what their purpose on offense was.  There was a lot of iso and pick plays but nothing that ever goes to the basket.  Lots of standing and waiting.  Was like watching a bad little league team out there at times.