Author Topic: Who Here Is A Fan Of Battle Rap?  (Read 13353 times)

ntunnelly

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Who Here Is A Fan Of Battle Rap?
« on: January 08, 2016, 04:19:38 am »
When The season's over I usally start paying attention to other sports but lately I've been watching a lot of Battle Rap, If you are into this sort of thing, tell me what you think? :P

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Who Here Is A Fan Of Battle Rap?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 04:22:39 am »
Me I am actually an avid battle rap watcher. Some of my favorite battlers are Loaded Lux, Hollow Da Don, Tsu Surf , Tay Roc and B-Magic. That's just a name a few. I love how the lyrics are incredibly witty, almost poetic yet the battlers themselves are so aggressive. It actually feels like a full contact  sport, or at least an intense performance art.

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:36:39 am »
Yeah I love battle rap especially the female battles. anyone watch those

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:38:21 am »
I watch so much Queen Of The ring Battles That It Is actually Crazy. I love watching beautiful girls who have so much wit and charisma kill it just like the guys. In Fact some of them can give the guys a run for their money.

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:40:46 am »
I like jaz the Rapper she comes off like a school girl. It's amazing to see her do what she does in the ring. The way she is able to flip words and use another battle rapper's own name against them.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 04:43:05 am »
Yes she is an expert at what she does. The amount of preparation that goes into a verse must be strenuous. I can't imagine what it is like to actually stand in front of your opponent and remember those kinds of lines.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 04:44:34 am »
In fact I am pretty sure to stand in front of those tough crowds is pretty nerve racking. Can you imagine it? sometimes they even boo the battle rappers as they are up on the stage.

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 04:45:44 am »
yeah i've seen that happen sometimes when the other person chokes and forgets their lines it is like 8 mile but even more competitive.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:58 am »
Please don't say 8 mile. I don't even think that holds a candle to the kinds of writing that we are seeing happen in battle rap culture today. That was checkers this is chess. The way that it is mapped out is with so much precision, the only types of people I could ever imagine competing in that way are people who prepare for debates in these Ivy league schools.

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 04:49:44 am »
oops, I'm sorry I already said it. But eminem is a great writer. He would have a tough time, in this setting though.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 04:51:49 am »
I noticed, It's okay though. Eminem is a great writer when it comes to hip hop I must say. I think that he is actually one of the better ones and that he would do a great job on the main stage. I would be delighted if I ever saw him compete against these up and coming lyrical monsters.

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 04:53:49 am »
So you are an alll ut Hip Hop Fan then right? I think I'm going to make a topic about Hip Hop. you Can join me in tehre if you want to talk more, or we can go back and forth from here and there.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 04:55:41 am »
Yeah, most definitely. I would love to be able to join you in another topic. Check here sometimes too, I might just post something about battle rap that you may find enjoyable. I know a thing or two about the culture, a friend of mine owns the league. Have you ever considered doing any battle rapping yourself?

Amethyst De La

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 04:57:44 am »
yes actually I used to rap in High school. II named myself after the rap group de la soul.

dStMars

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 05:00:58 am »
I figured that. Its a nice name, I like the amethyst part. My actual battle rap name was Valis born. I am starting fresh now though and I would like to change my name again. Please don't go searching for the name, many of the videos I battle rap in have some horrible chokes. I'm too embarassed to actually have anyone watch them.